Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vacation Feeding a Success

Well, the goldfish made it through a week of our absence! I had put into each tank one of those puck vacation food feeders that slow-release flakes. Of course Blitzen started nom nom nom-ing on it the second I dropped it in, which caused me to worry it would last the week. There was a small bit of it left in the upstairs tank, which I removed upon our return.

I gave both tanks about a 50% water change as soon as we got back. The water quality in the baby tank seemed especially bad, but all tankmates appeared happy and healthy.

The upstairs filter wasn't half as dirty as I thought it would be. I suppose this quasi-fast in the upstairs tank helped reduce their "output", if you know what I mean.

So, looks like the goldies made the right call in giving the ski trip a pass this year :D

No comments:

Post a Comment